How to Participate In Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors Meetings
Where and When?
How to Call In and Speak on Regular Agenda Items?
- Call the phone number listed on the meeting agenda.
- You may start calling in at 9:00 a.m. PDT
- Once prompted, enter the Participant Code number, then press #
- An Operator will answer your call to assist you and ask the following questions:
- What is your name?
- What items do you wish to speak on?
(Note: If asked for the conference name, state “Board Meeting.”)
- The Operator will then place you into the meeting lobby.
- You may hear silence until the meeting begins.
- You must Press 1 then 0 to be placed in the queue to address the Board.
- An announcement will say, “You have been added to the queue.”
- Do not press 1 then 0 again, otherwise you will be removed from the queue.
- An announcement will say, “You have been removed from the queue.”
How to Call In and Speak on Public Hearing Items?
- Call the phone number listed on the meeting agenda for public hearing items.
(NOTE: Please do not use this phone number and Participant Code, this is just an example. The Call-In number and Participant code can change from meeting to meeting.)
- You may not address regular agenda items by calling the public hearing line.
- If you do not address a public hearing item, your comments will not be accepted and we will go to the next speaker.
- A separate call-in number and access code must be entered for public hearing items.
- You may start calling in at 10:30 a.m. PDT.
- If you are also speaking on regular agenda items, wait for that time period to end before dialing in for the public hearing items.
- Follow Steps 3-7 above.
When You’re Called on To Speak:
- The moderator will call your name and open your line.
- You must be paying attention to your phone call to know when it is your time to speak. Do not rely on the video or website, as there may be a delay.
- You will be asked to state your name and the agenda items you will address, including whether you will address public comment.
- You must ensure your microphone is unmuted before speaking.
- Turn down any other device before you unmute your line.
- You may speak for the allotted time based on the number of agenda items you wish to address.
- Please stay on topic during or the moderator may move to the next speaker.
How to View ONLY:
- Watch the Board meeting online HERE
- Live on KLCS.
- Rewatch the meeting on the Wednesday after the Board meeting at 11:00 p.m. on KLCS
How to Listen ONLY:
- Please call (877) 873-8017 and enter the access code when prompted:
- For English: 111111
- For Spanish: 222222
- NOTE: Callers cannot speak using this number!
How to Submit Written Comments:
- To provide written comments on agenda items, use the link above.
- Complete information at the top of the comment page.
- NOTE: Required fields are First and Last names
- Choose the agenda items that you wish to address.
- Select In Favor, Oppose, Other
- Optional: You may submit comments for each item separately or upload a document with all of your comments. (Attachment limit is 5 documents)
- Select “Next”
- Verify the information is correct and select “Acknowledge” when you are ready to submit.
- All comments submitted are public and viewable online.
- This page is updated at the end of each day.
Need Accommodation or Translator?
- Requests for a translator, reasonable modification or accommodation from individuals with disabilities, consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act can be made by contacting the Customer Service Desk at (213) 974-1411.