Board Hearing Room to Reopen


The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors announced that the Board Hearing Room at the Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration will reopen to the public on Tuesday, September 27. 


Claims for Damages

Claims for Damages to Person or Property

  • A signed, written claim shall be presented to the County of Los Angeles by mailing or delivering it to the Executive Officer-Clerk of the Board of Supervisors by the claimant or by the claimant's authorized agent
  • Claims for death, injury to person or to personal property must be filed not later than 6 months after the occurrence. (Government Code section 911.2)
  • All other claims for damages must be filed not later than one year after the occurrence. (Government Code section 911.2) Presentation of a false claim is a felony. (Penal Code section 72)



  • Use one claim form for each claimant
  • Read claim thoroughly
  • Fill out claim as indicated; attach additional information if necessary
  • Return the original in person or US Mail to:

    Executive Officer, Board of Supervisors

    Attention: Claims

    500 W. Temple Street, Room 383

    Los Angeles CA 90012 

For questions, please contact the Customer Service Center Claims Unit (Please note- the Claims unit does not provide legal advice or guidance): ExecutiveOffice@bos.lacounty.gov or 213-974-1440 (8am – 5pm)

DISCLAIMER AND CLARIFICATION: the “filing a claim” process with the above form is the correct method for filing claims for damages to person or property - not to be confused  with the County’s own right to file a claim with its own bond and insurance programs. Specifically, Los Angeles County maintains the following types of insurance and bonds, which only the County as an entity can claim against in the event of certain actions caused by employees or elected officials:

  1. Crime Insurance Program – covers all County employees and provides coverage for employee dishonesty; forgery or alteration; computer fraud; funds transfer fraud, etc. Note: Only the County itself can file a claim to recover losses. VIEW A COPY OF THE DECLARATION
  2. Public Officials Bond – A guarantee for faithful performance of certain elected and public service officials. Note: Only the County itself can file a claim to recover losses. VIEW A COPY OF THE CERTIFICATE

    For questions regarding these programs (NOT related to filing a claim for damages to person or property), please contact: ContactRisk@ceo.lacounty.gov or visit https://riskmanagement.lacounty.gov/insurance-programs-risk-transfer/ for more information.