2022 LACERA SAFETY MEMBER ELECTION
At its meeting on October 18, 2022, the Board of Supervisors certified the results of the Los Angeles County Employees Retirement Association (LACERA) election which concluded on August 31, 2022. The election was conducted in accordance with the resolution adopted by the Board of Supervisors on April 19, 2022. The certified results show that the following candidates were elected to the positions noted below for a term of three years beginning January 1, 2023 and ending December 31, 2025.
- Fourth Member, Board of Investments – Jason E. Green
- Seventh Member, Board of Retirement – Jason E. Green
- Alternate Safety Member, Board of Retirement – Shawn R. Kehoe
State law requires that the Board of Supervisors conduct an election to fill vacant or expired seats on the Los Angeles County Employees Retirement Association (LACERA) Board of Investments and Board of Retirement. LACERA is a public entity separate from the County that was created to provide retirement, disability and death benefits to County employees. The primary objective of the Executive Office in coordinating the LACERA board member elections is to ensure that elections are conducted in an equitable manner in accordance with established procedures, and to ensure that all eligible LACERA members have the opportunity to participate in the election process. The Conflict of Interest/Lobbyist Division staff of the Executive Office is responsible for coordinating the elections to select LACERA board members. LACERA is comprised of two managing boards, the Board of Investments and the Board of Retirement. For additional information you may visit LACERA Boards. The Board of Investments has nine members. The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors appoints five members, and four members are elected by the LACERA membership. Two of the elected members are General Members, one is a Safety Member, and one is a Retired Member. The Board of Retirement is comprised of nine members and two alternate members. Five members are appointed by the Board of Supervisors and six are elected by the LACERA membership. The six elected members are comprised of two General Members, two Retired Members, one of whom is an Alternate Member of the board, and two Safety Members, one of whom is also an Alternate Member of the board.
- General member is a person who is working at least three-quarter time as a permanent employee for the County or for an outside district, and who is earning service credit in a retirement plan.
- Safety member is a permanent employee of Los Angeles County working three-quarter time or more in firefighting, forestry, lifeguarding, or law enforcement (including District Attorney Investigators).
- Retired member is a former County or outside district employee who has taken either a service retirement or a disability retirement.